LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

US Politics...

1. 1,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1884
    If I lived in Oz I would be looking at the US and wondering just WTF is going on… I know the global news media is focused on the sedition occurring in the US, however I can assure everyone that things are nowhere as chaotic as they might seem. Yes there has been a “takeover” of the Capitol, but it was in no way an attempted political coup. It was a physical takeover of a building that was reversed by a consortium of local, state and national guard personnel who acted quickly to secure the facility. In fact, political business was conducted in the Capitol building shortly after the "takeover"...

Bottom line is that virtually everyone, with the exception of the current president understands that Joe Biden will be the new president on Jan 20th at noon and they are preparing for the transition. Equally important is the US Senate and the US House will both be held by the Democrats allowing Biden (Democrat) to be able to put his agenda into law. Without too much detail it means that all three governing bodies in the US (Senate, House and President) are under control of one (Democratic Party)…

How does this effect Lynas? It is great news, this clears the way for quick execution of Biden’s new climate change program and already the Biden administration has committed to rejoining the Paris Peace Accord. I envision rapid development of alternative energies using many of the rare earths as building blocks. The future is amazing when one considers that each of the 17 rare earth elements has specific qualities for very specific applications and are just beginning to be discovered…

Anyway, the US is going through a very unique experiment that seems to winding down albeit slowly. The administration change comes as relief for many of our foreign allies and I see 2021 as the year we not only conquer Covid but the year we make significant progress on understanding and mitigating the effects of climate change...

I sincerely hope that outsiders see that while the threat to our democracy in the US was real, we as a country voiced our concerns and successfully reestablished that democracy as George Washington and the boys envisioned it... JMHO…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.