LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

US Quote, page-33

1. 2,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346
    Well you can see why the takeover rumors are around in the market given the crazy buying taking place which looks like someone wanting to get in and get in quickly. To this end a substantial shareholder notice will tell wonders but to date a conspicuous lack of any.

I can't see someone like woodside paying a premium to acquire lng. It's not as if they didn't have access to mid scale lng technology or the ability to access us gas supply or are paying a premium to jump ahead in the FERC que.

If it is a takeover my bet is that it's going to be a hedge or PE fund who wants to take this asset private and realize the significant discount at which lng is trading against unrisked project value.

They could then relist on the us exchange once the project has gone forward into a master limited partnership structure and realize the 16x earnings valuations that tolling cash flow generating projects were being valued at. This will also open up the register to insto investors who want earnings before investing. And our current hedge fund investors and also Stonepeak would then have a very handy more liquid exit strategy through a US listing.

Pure conjecture of course.
    Last edited by doctornoh: 09/06/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.