NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Hi all, Esri is 'THE' GIS leader is the US and has developed a...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Hi all,

Esri is 'THE' GIS leader is the US and has developed a network of partnerships with hundreds of US and international companies that all bring specific GIS expertise, solutions or advantages to their platforms. I think its almost compulsory for any GIS related company to be part of their world and the industry-leading conference being held in San Diego right now which is attended by pretty much anyone who has an interest in this industry.

No other GIS conference comes remotely close in terms of size or importance, so I view the attendance and partnership more as part of an essential industry credibility strategy than an instant turbo charge up the revenue curve. For instance, Pictometry (probably Nearmap's main competition in the US) has been a partner for "many years" and recently attained "Gold" status partnership. Nearmap has entered at "Silver" status. Not that I know what the difference really is but it appears that those who attain Gold status have been there for a while and have satisfied esri's quality of service delivery and technology progression benchmarks over a period of time. FWIW, Pictometry will be exhibiting (booth 2717) within 'glare' distance of nearmap in booth 2707. Lol.

The conference is a great medium to get nearmaps product exposed to the bulk of the industry in one place. But with more than 285 exhibitors and 1000+ sessions, it really is not an exclusive carpet ride for NEA.

Its a very important and necessary step in their marketing and industry credibility strategy.

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.