ARU 0.00% 16.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

US targets China rare earth magnets for possible tariffs, page-7

1. 19,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4974
    Lol, you really haven't been paying attention, too enthralled "just a few more months".

"The Department of Defense (DOD) has announced an investment in the expansion of the largest rare earth element mining and processing company outside of China to provide the raw materials necessary to help combat the climate crisis."

If you understood anything I've written you'd understand I called this last year, key prerequisite building out a sustainable US NdFeB supply chain:

"Combat unfair trade practices
    • The Administration will establish a trade strike force led by the U.S. Trade Representative (Katherine Tai) to propose unilateral and multilateral enforcement actions against unfair foreign trade practices that have eroded critical supply chains. The trade strike force will also identify opportunities to use trade agreements to strengthen collective approaches to supply chain resilience with U.S. partners and allies.
    • DOC will evaluate whether to initiate an investigation into neodymium magnets, which are critical inputs in motors and other devices, and are important to both defense and civilian industrial uses, under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962."
    Direct from WH briefing room:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ress-short-term-supply-chain-discontinuities/

Read the full context, Biden's not terribly interested in digging holes all over the place, very clearly the emphasis is downstream value add & domestic job creation, and he's clearly not waiting around for ARU to raise $1Bn+ CapEx, and even then that doesn't go anywhere near meeting US requirement for domestic processing.

ARU's up the proverbial creek, no paddle in sight, missed the boat completely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $394.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.3¢ 16.0¢ $558.1K 3.483M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1818172 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 1729486 40
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.