us the great satan

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Is the title provocative enough?

For decades the Islamic world and the Indochina world have spewed forth these epithets.

In general we have laughed and regarded it as propaganda but is it?

The US has all the hallmarks of a "devil in disguise".

Before I list the reasons why, I need to state that the US and many of its citizens contribute far beyond their weighting to serious concerns and problems world wide.

However, biblical references suggest that the way to differentiate between "godliness" and false religion is easy to see.

The Bible says "by their fruit shall you know them". In other words it is one thing to put on airs of religiousity and another to produce the actions of one with a "God" filled heart.

This is not an argument about whether there is a god or not but what lies in a man's heart.

The US proclaims constantly its "In God we trust", but its actions are symbolically godly but in action anything but.

At times I find myself wondering whether they really are earthlings.

Some of the greatest people I know are Christians, some of the biggest hypocrites I know are Christians.

Generalising any ideology and the people who advocate it just means we fail to look at our brother and accept his "works" rather than his "words".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.