GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

US unemployment and the price of gold, page-48

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Timber

Possibly so and no doubt some will but a significant number will buy into PM's as well.
    Given the banks are now down a long way till death us part holders have seen a significant erosion of their capital and in future it is very doubtful the banks will be paying anywhere near the dividends of past years. The banks in Australia payed out too much in dividends and is part of the reason they are struggling to amass enough money to accommodate the new financial regulations of reserve liquidity holdings.
    CBA has a cap raising and it only came in at around 50% of its target.
    There are some good reports around that indicate the big four have yet to amass about another 30,000,000,000aud yet. So more asset sales and cap raisings over the next couple of years.
    Raising interest rates has affected the property markets and there are also some good articles around on just that if you care to look for them.
    Super Saturday for property auctions tomorrow so keep an eye on what the clearance rates are.
    Given that 80% of the BIG FOUR business in Australia is in the Australian property market this is going to affect them in the medium to longer term.
    I have an appointment next week to move some money around for just that reason.
    Denying that any of the 700 billion in term bank deposits will not make its way into the PM market is in my opinion lis a short sighted and narrowly focused view.
    But your welcome to it and I thank you for your input.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.