GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

US unemployment and the price of gold, page-53

1. 2,993 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    I had my Friday's red last night. Noticed I repeated a sentence twice. (And a couple of words ommitted as well). Sorry about that. But we get so immune to discussing money in $millions, billions, trillions and even quadrillions (derivatives), that we don't think just how much this all is. For eq, (BTW, the figures (calculations) I mention are all done in my head. It doesn't really matter if I'm little out because they are for illustration purposes only. Example your 3D printer, for a 30,ooot platinum coin would need to print one out with a diameter of about 20 metres to a height of 4 metres.

I want people to THINK ABOUT just how much just one trillions dollars is. (the annual deficit of the USA).
    Assuming 10 $100 notes make Imm. (no air spaces). Well $1million would be 1 metre high. How high would 1 $trillion be. Think about it for a minute.

The answer is 1,000 kilometres. Thats right, laying down, all the way from Brisbane to Sydney. A $quadrillion dollars, of course, would be 1million ks. All the way to the moon and back, and half way there again.

These are the sort of figures being bantered around and we're getting immune to. Sooner or later someone's going to figure out that the US$ is no different to what the Zimbabwen one was. A one Strillioncoin is not the answer, it will only make the world aware of just how bad America's finances are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.