GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

There is always a chance of that , although one of the things I...

1. cya
    3,836 Posts.
    There is always a chance of that , although one of the things I have paid a lot of attention to over the years is the history of military engagement.

The US have strong weaknesses in their ability to occupy, many early empires struggle with the methods of colonial occupation. Churchill wrote extensively on the challenges of colonial occupational and control in the same regions of the middle east. His writings on the British colonial challenges in Iraq read like an echo of what was to unfold under Bush the Jnr.

Colonial occupation and military superiority get confused in peoples minds, the former has been historically difficult even for the Romans. The later is a very separate issue, history tells us that one can retain devastating military power in war and at the same time struggle with occupational control.

Its pretty obvious that the US is trying to create a political/economic implosion/ revolution in Iran. I suspect the Americans will be still sitting at the table long after the Mullahs have been sent on their way by their own people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.