BYE 1.67% 5.9¢ byron energy limited

>that's a bit cheeky calling me an optimist boysy...lol..Cara,...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    >that's a bit cheeky calling me an optimist boysy...lol..

Cara, you ARE an optimist and I love you to bits for it. As you point out, Boys1 IS an OEL optimist and he adds value to conversation by being the "voice of reason" for BYE. (but Cara, your still my favourite. Don't tell the others). I was amused when Boys1 got "Boys1 ed" on the OEL thread. But I still understand his enthusiasm. He has a point and I wish him all the best.

IF (and it's a big if) $US100 per barrel is the new normal, then Both companies at the current share price are a steal. BYE with a PE of 9 and OEL with a PE of under 2. (I mean WTF). All I can say is god bless F3 on SM71 which seems to be the cash cow of both companies. (And to think I was upset when BYE management announced the F3 drill, it makes my blood chill)

The LL futures market disagree that this is the new normal, with the $100 horizon now only 1 month away. The market assumes that things will get back to normal. Yeah , no. But this is the market. Who am I to judge the wisdom of the masses?

I am not a chartist, as I feel that it's based on black magic. But it seems we are grinding on to a decision point. The LL futures seem to think that the future is STILL cheap oil. The curve WILL fall away. I see the same curve in a more of an upwards directions, akin to a brick wall. If we hit this crunch point, and I am right, then the market may well violently correct. And I will post a "weeeeeee."

Australia, has had it good. China has made us rich. They insulated us from the 2008 GFC by building, like there was no tomorrow. But as the tide comes in, and China turns it's back on us, in favour of Russia, I am concerned that many of us will be found to be naked. Then again, I would have said the same thing in 2008. Am I wrong this time?

Gentlemen, and Gentle ladies. Place your bets

All disclaimers. It's 3pm and there are far too many empty bottles around me. Evaporation is a real problem, where have all the full bottles gone? WHERE?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $63.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $2.047K 34.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97687 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 331777 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.8¢ 10526
Last updated 12.21pm 06/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.