us390k to kill a black rhino, page-23

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Stu
    Have you ever hunted? It is a great escape from the rat race and good for the soul.

A mate and I go on an annual trip walking the Swartberge in South Africa looking for Oryx. We plan 5 day trips, and hunt on foot. The actual shoot is a few seconds of the trip, but gives our walk a purpose, and nothing is wasted. The hunting farm we frequent is 6000 hectares, so a reasonable level of skill and planning is required, and we are in potential danger as the oryx is bigger and faster than us, and there are more of them than us. Lying behind a small bush with 50 oryx less than 100m from you is quite an experience if you enjoy adrenalin sports.

We pay hunting fees and for anything we shoot, but it supports conservation. Oryx numbers have increased over the 20 years I've been doing this and I've fed many with the meat (which tastes great and is healthier than beef).

The only similar relaxation technique (for lack of a better description) I have found is flying small aircraft. Never mind what problem is on your mind, go flying and you will focus on what you're doing and forget your problem. Perhaps it's a case of put yourself in a position of potential danger and you gain perspective on life.

Still I guess, different strokes for different folk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.