Eat em won't kill em sounds hypocritical?If you were hungry...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Eat em won't kill em sounds hypocritical?

If you were hungry enough, you'd kill em. In the military I saw guys diving into puddles of cow urine to drink it before it seeped into the ground due to thirst. Hunger is equally powerful.

If an oryx had any idea what we were doing, we would not be able to do it. You have to track them from a downwind position, estimate their direction of movement, get into position before they see you and very quietly hope that you were correct in your assumptions. Then you wait. It is a skill, akin to many sports, but I accept that it is not for all. Neither is cricket!

Rhinos die, as do all animals. Where correctly managed, a hunt of these endangered species only shortens their expected lifespan by a minimal period. Trophy hunters generally want the largest animals, which generally are the oldest, which equates to closest to death. That of course is not how they are marketed. By auctioning off the right to kill one, you are not endangering the species, you are generating cash from something which shortly won't have a value. Kind of like knowing a company is about to go bankrupt and quickly selling your shares for the highest possible price. I'm not a trophy hunter, but I'd be happy to assist someone who was willing to fork out big dollars and ensure these went into conservation and that the kill was as quick as in an abattoir.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.