MQG 1.00% $201.70 macquarie group limited

USA Election & Ex-dividend, page-37

1. 2,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    Same buddy, I am currently unemployed and have an average of 27.62 with MQG and large buys averaging down during the GFC - so i started selling some end of 2105 at high 70's low 80's then bought them all back in the JAN FEB crash 2016 and now selling this lot as they reach 12mths GCT, this is the year again selling for tax reasons plus my new goal.

infact MQG saved me with a 100k gain in 12 mths thereafter on my 260k hit during the GFC as I argued with my Fin planner that I wanted out at the end of July (just for simplicity i was just over monitoring the market and preparing tax returns over 10 years (investing since i was 20 ) this was the best bit of intuitive advice i gave myself that i never listened to) I wanted to buy a flat outright (no loan, an amazing feat from where Iam from) for me and my then girlfriend who knew i was trying to exit b4 the GFC.

so my Fin planner convinced me to sell out but gear 100% so i had all in cash as i wanted but i was still able to claim my margin loan on 100% of my holdings - so what F@*k'd me up was he had to buy the investments first then I could sell my holdings - OCT 2008 hits and I am left with 2 parcels worth40% of their original value ????

I grew up in a commission house with a single mum so I know the value of a dollar and here is this educated Fin Adviser with his tail between his legs as i blast him an ear full of i told you so and my whole life savings nearly gone - girlfriend gone and here I am living in a run down mansion rent free for 2 years with no running water (another long story, but a god send for me at the time )and I had to join the gym down the road just so i could have a shower - I put every last cent of my wage off my debt - If i had .43c left over I would transfer that - I never want to live like that again but I now know that anyone can do anything if they truly put there mind to it (I read doctor Phil's 7 worst days of your life which was on display at my local library - I've also admired people who loose businesses and relationships and bounce back) I remember trying to get through weeks without spending a cent unnecessarily!

MQG doubled in price to 58 bucks and now my gearing levels we back to manageable - the divs alone have paid for the initial investment and then some and i was debt free with 3 years and have never geared since - although I am not afraid of gearing and have considered it many times over since then.

I am now doing extremely well after last years mining exit especially with ASL at .22c Rio at 39 and BHP at 14.8- although av(21) and loved MQG at 62 - this helped me while being unemployed and studying my bachelor of business Marketing degree (never believed i could afford to study, that i was smart enough but after seeing people with MBA's pip me for employment positions who are so narcissistic, non-team players and couldn't tie there own shoe laces together felt i need a degree to compete-hopefully finish mid next year) Not all holders of MBA's are in this basket.

however asset appreciation doesn't feel like i worked for it so although a blessing - I need to work - anyone who's got a job in marketing/brand management/sales/ or want to give me a shot at stockbroking let me know - for others who want advice or motivation on getting out of debt hit me up - My friends say i should be a coach or financial advisor ha ! - i should write a book!

Yes i'd love to see MQG break that 100 barrier but i will be well and truly out by then - it takes so long to get up here and so quickly if can fall back to 60 - I truly believe that it would take a pretty significant shock for that to happen. MQG is better capitalised with diversified income stream now of safer assets, with US now accounting for more M&A plus trumpism paying off and their just a bunch of savy minds with fantastic business acumen. Good luck - apologies for the rant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$201.70
Change
1.990(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $76.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$203.01 $204.31 $201.40 $102.8M 507.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 310 $201.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$201.90 2241 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.