MQG 0.65% $196.50 macquarie group limited

Here is my view of the short to medium term: [IMG] At the top...

1. 679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Here is my view of the short to medium term:

At the top there is a long term down trend which has accelerated twice. The last acceleration I drew the downtrend with a purple dashed line. Also a second peak is forming and I am waiting for a third peak to form to accelerate the down trend even further.

However, at the bottom you are also seeing a long term uptrend that has also accelerated twice. Really, the last accelerated uptrend was broken at $80.50 and we will see the second accelerated uptrend tested and it looks like it will be tested soon. If it does not consolidate then we will see a free fall and the original long term up trend will be tested.

What I like about the chart is that MQG looks like it is trading nicely within a fairly predictable range.

You said you were interested in my long term out look. So I will show you where those long term trend lines originate from.  

My view is that if there isn't an uptrend consolidation in the $65-$70 mark then we will see an even greater free fall bringing in the original up trend into play at about the $30 level. I dont think it will come to this, but the technicals are really good as everything appears to be quite predictable and tradeable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$196.50
Change
-1.290(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $75.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$196.81 $196.94 $195.00 $159.2M 810.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 179 $196.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$196.50 6773 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.