USA in the shit - Coronavirus, page-133

1. 18,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2590
    Eventually, even in Australia, we will have to implement a total lockdown. Its just a matter of when the Gov will take the decision.

Italy tried to do a piecemeal approach first. It failed: Italian - in particular young Italian were simply ignoring the Gov's demand for self-isolation and just slipped across the border. They went to France, Germany, Spain, US and even Australia, and we even had one case of an infected Italian tourist who arrived in Brisbane and partied at a nightclub 24 hours later.

Italy is in total lockdown now with soldiers enforcing it. France, Germany, Spain, Poland, UK and many other European countries are doing the same.

In the US, New York is almost in total lockdown.

In India, over 1 Billion people are in lockdown.

We in Australia should do it now and do it quick, before the community spread become uncontrollable. Then it will be painful and more harder to contain, and more people will die.

But at the moment, our Gov is taking the piecemeal approach and is hoping our distance between cities and the fact that we are an island, will give us an advantage, in trying to control the spread.

I hope they are right. And I truly hope our younger Australian don't try to ignore the rules, like the Italian did.

Lastly, I hope the results of 70 plus trials they have been conducting around the world will be released in April, so we can see which therapeutic drugs can be used to treat this virus.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.