USA must end its weapons supply to Netanyahu's regime, page-600

1. 17,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    These were my words
    that comment is provocative, falls back into Millenia of anti semitic narrative and is a straight out and out appeal to the worst of human emotions.

I did not call you anti semitic - but I did point out that the way you used your reference to chosen people had distinct anti semitic overtones. You’ve done it more than once too. but I guess you don’t even have the ability to reflect on how it might have been seen or even to notice the way you used the term. It was unnecessary and I believe you intended to provoke or denigrate. It’s a disgraceful habit you have and it doesn’t just appear on this thread

but now to wriggle out of it you go telling me that the term anti Semitic is over used. It’s not over used by me. I seldom use it but I would have thought that someone who claims to care about all people on earth might have been interested in avoiding that type of generalised, irrelevant, ignorant and ill informed comment. Apparently I am wrong

and if this thread is not about you or me or our respective histories why do you resort to personal barbs. Why did you see fit to suggest the matter might have been a bit close to the bone for me. I’d suggest it was Because you wanted to take a personal pot shot and decided that would do as well as any other.

and why now are you telling me that you are in your mid seventies and have witnessed a lot of pain and suffering. Wouldn’t that be irrelevant if the thread is not about us.

and it’s not. But if you think that your experiences in life, values and beliefs have nothing to do with the filters applied to everything you see and think about you are more wilfully ignorant and arrogant than I thought.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.