BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Eric,I am not sure whether the IV Relenza news is “price...

1. 830 Posts.
    Eric,
    I am not sure whether the IV Relenza news is “price sensitive” as it is not a Relenza product approved for sale into the mass market. Perhaps if this IV news was say 5 years ago, then it may be more price sensitive as one would then expect BTA/GSK to research/trial and market the IV Relenza. Although IV Relenza may be important from the perspective of saving lives, commercially it is eclipsed by the normal Relenza.

The change in policy from 80:20 and 90:10 to 50 Tamiflu: 50 Relenza is definitely price sensitive. Where are all the posters singing the chorus that Peter Cook is reducing share price volatility by talking down the prospects?

Note that I am not advocating talking up the market – I am advocating releasing price sensitive news to the market as soon as BTA is aware of it – this is a corporate responsibility and duty of an ASX listed company. In an information vacuum, it is easy for big players including brokers/share analysts to manipulate the uninformed market.

It took about 8 weeks to June for GSK to increase production from 30 million courses of the normal Relenza to 60 million. Out of the 60 to 190 million planned increase, GSK is only increasing from 60m normal Relenza to 90 m. Using the earlier increase as an indication, shouldn’t GSK announced what had been achieved especially when the competitor Roche had announced last month Roche had finished increasing from 200m to 400m doses capacity. After selling out the law suit is this the “normalised relationship” where Peter Cook waits for GSK’s faxes to arrive. The idiot made a complete fool of Biota by publicly stating the market is mistaken that the swine flu will cause a massive increase in Relenza demand only to have GSK announcing the production increase within days of the idiotic statement.

And what about this? Quote: We’ll be very carefully monitoring Relenza royalties each quarter and informing our shareholders about that.”
    The fool was so carefully monitoring GSK’ public broadcast of the Relenza results that he reported the wrong sale results to the ASX the next morning and when correcting his mistake blamed GSK

To hide ones head in the sand and pretend that the CEO is not an idiot is the same as the idiot CEO praising GSK’s response to the swine flu – a gimp being led by the master on chains and whips.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.