NTTGWhat is "irrational" about quoting a definition of...

1. 2,717 Posts.
    NTTG

What is "irrational" about quoting a definition of democracy, then pointing out that the USA (after all that is the country the discussion is about) has a political system that has entrenched a layer of unelected individuals (lobbyists) between its citizens and government which, because of cost alone, gives the wealthy of the society unequal access to their elected representatives & robs ordinary citizens of their "democratic" equality.

"Pray tell which country then has a democracy if in your terms the US, and Australia, UK, the EU and what I would call democratic countries dont have democracy"

Just because I refute the notion that the USA is really a democracy, it doesn't follow that I need to produce an example of a real democracy ...... it is entirely "rational" that one doesn't exist !!

The trouble with emotional stanpoints are that the holder invariable sees everything as either black or white, but in the real world pure black & pure white are as scarce as hen's teeth

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.