SBN 0.00% 0.0¢ sun biomedical limited

Warren Mayor Wants To Start Random Drug TestingPOSTED: 10:40 pm...

1. gsw
    4,920 Posts.
    Warren Mayor Wants To Start Random Drug Testing
    POSTED: 10:40 pm EDT April 4, 2008
    UPDATED: 11:01 pm EDT April 4, 2008

WARREN, Mich. -- City of Warren Mayor Jim Fouts wants every city worker from top to bottom to be drug tested at random.
    Fouts announced his plan at his state of the city address on Friday.
    He said, "I have zero tolerance when it comes to drug abuse among our employees."
    The mayor also told Local 4 he is making the call after Warren police arrested two high-ranking city employees.
    Those employees are suspended without pay for allegedly buying and selling drugs.
    Fouts said, “People who are in positions of responsibility. They are paid by the taxpayers. They are supposed to be there to serve the public trust."
    Bernie Wojciechowski is a Warren maintenance employee and a member of the City Workers Union Local 1250.
    He is one of thousands of city workers who would be subject to random drug testing under the mayor’s plan.
    Wojciechowski told Local 4, “I've been drug tested before, so it doesn't bother me."
    This plan still needs approval from city council and all of the workers unions before it can be implemented.
    If those groups are on board, there will be a bidding process for companies who want to administer the tests.
    Fouts also wants to address the problem of drugs in Warren schools, by creating a task force of principals and school staff to keep the kids drug free.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.