MSB 0.91% $1.11 mesoblast limited

USD573M in retained losses and a less than great 2020!. 2021 a year that cannot get worse, page-2

1. 1,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110
    On the ARDS trial, in my stats I was working off a 10% target improvement, which is reasonably easy to meet. While this does leave some room for post-hoc analysis on secondary endpoints to show some real promise, I think they should have published a few more details about the trial and what threshold they were trying to achieve. I was also under the impression that the Bayesian endpoints were only in use for the interim analyses - so much of the trial design was not public, so the shock of what they were actually going for was a big one for me. However...

If covid reinfection is possible (seems likely) and there is some promise in the full trial data, then the next phase 3 trial could be for "all cause ARDS" (ie. including covid) targeting patients a little earlier in the process and with guidance on trial design from novartis. There's a chance the cells don't work reliably enough and in a consistent way that they will be able to pass a clinical trial... but honestly the ARDS trial was so hastily put together and not safeguarded against the changing nature of the virus, that there's a 50% chance it's bad/unfortunate trial design and a 50% chance it's the product. If I am novartis, I might just buy mesoblast in entirety for a broad offer of something like $3.50 a share and take the tech forwards myself, rather than dicking around with any milestone payments. If not, then I expect them to be heavily involved in constructing the trial design and using an endpoint that can be met for approval from the FDA or in Europe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
0.010(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $1.261B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.11 $1.07 $4.794M 4.399M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14500 $1.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 141676 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.