my smsf isn't a gift from taxpayers. it's my gift to them that...

1. 98 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    my smsf isn't a gift from taxpayers. it's my gift to them that ensures that they won't have to fund my retirement.

in the circus leading up to the last election, it was hugely disappointing that people who should know better didn't openly push back hard against this garbage being spouted about super being a "rort" or a "gift".

if you offered people a way to get some relief from highly punitive income tax rates in a way that incented them to look after their own financial future, which would in turn lessen the percentage of ageing population that will be dependent on taxpayers in retirement, wouldn't that be a good thing? it was one of the few things that we were doing well but it's now slowly being wrecked by small mindedness and politicking.

it's particularly galling to hear about financial advisers telling people with super amounts above the pension means test to spend/blow/give away funds that will enable them to get back below the amount required to receive a full pension. this doesn't seem to get any air time when the super "problem" is discussed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.