KGN 0.96% $4.22 kogan.com ltd

Reading through that spiel makes me start counting how many...

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Reading through that spiel makes me start counting how many times it deviates from Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010). I don't recall a stipulation that you need to take pics/videos in order to receive a refund. There's also no mention of having to contact the manufacturer of the goods. On the contrary, there should be no need to contact anyone but the seller. After all, the contract for the sale of the goods is between the seller and you. This is what tripped up MSY Computers in 2017 and resulted in a fine of $750,000. I used to shop there and if you received a faulty item, the answer was always the same. "Send it back to the supplier - not our problem." Not so. It's up to the seller to provide an acceptable solution (based on the circumstances) and then to claim back the amount from the supplier if need be. ACL also specifically states that goods that are faulty do not need to be returned in their original packaging.  

I also note that there is no mention that in the event of a major fault in a product, the consumer has the right to choose between a Repair, Replacement or Refund (The three R's). Not the seller. Kogan conveniently refer to this as 'Repair or Replacement'. What happened to 'Refund'?

BTW don't bother ringing Fair Trading unless you feel like wasting your time. The person I spoke to had never heard of Schedule 2, even though it goes to the heart of ACL. Asked why she replied "It's a big Act and I can't be expected to read it all".
    No, of course not love, just see if you can get your head around Schedule 2!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.22
Change
0.040(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $424.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.19 $4.28 $4.17 $1.344M 317.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9701 $4.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.24 578 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.