XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

used cmc today, page-36

1. 9,803 Posts.
    Thanks guys. I do think I need to consider a backup plan. Got another computer nearby, just not loaded with the software. Trouble with trading intraday is that you need to use a lot of leverage to make profits from smallish movements in often small time frames. It requires control, precision and discipline. Todays loss happened in about 15-20 minutes. By the time I'd called the broker and got through the phone computer menu, established my credentials, got him to track down my account etc I woldn't have saved much time. The real problem today was my lack of discipline in not trading my way out of the situation; I allowed myself to get thrown out of my traders mindset and into road kill mindset. You know, frozen and scared in the headlights. If I'd had my traders head on I would have seen that a bounce from where it was when I sold was highly likely because it was at major support - and holding would have been consistent with my trading plan for the day. That plan was to trade long because I'd defined a high probability short term market turning point from bear to bull. Anyway, I've learned from the episode and maybe my experience can help some others as well. Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.