AMT 0.00% 2.9¢ allegra medical technologies limited

Useful 3d printing purpose, page-3

1. 12,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 437
    I don't know what has caused a price spike but with Peter and Tom behind this company they will be up to something.

3d printing has been around for along time, just not with this name. As a 3d printing application in the medical world orthotics is probably the only one that would be viable commercially. Bringing together the technologies of MRI's with tailored orthotics is where this may well shine and AMT appear, without deep due diligence or site inspections, to be in a position to capitalise on this market. Even removing the tailored element using 3d printing as a means of on-demand type production of orthotics is better than either (a) off-shelf generic orthotics, or (b) protracted lead times for order orthotics from 3rd party.

The NSW government liked their business last year and provided a grant and maybe the value of that is starting to filter through and they are just seeing the early stages of benefits.

I really don't know and am only guessing but 3d printing and orthotics are easy dots to join. 3d printing for replacement of either complex existing replacement parts (e.g pacemakers, hearing aids etc) is many years away and 3d printing is still well over 10 years out before it can dynamically produce living tissue or organs.

Any of that make sense?

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.