FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Mark Bristow interview appearing in Forbes 24/6 print edition...

1. SRV
    3,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Mark Bristow interview appearing in Forbes 24/6 print edition gives some useful insights into R'gold's operations, ethos etc in W Africa I thought... Also I thought hints at CoP might favour BGS if any other major finds local to Morila appear - why wouldn't it?! (All just thinking aloud & imho of course)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013/06/05/randgolds-restless-prospector-plans-to-survive-the-gold-crunch/

Excerpt:

"Randgold, based on the Isle of Jersey, is so efficient a miner that it can pull gold from the ground for about $836 an ounce, according to Numis, second only to Yamana Gold among the so-called majors. Bristow boasts that by adjusting operations a bit, Randgold is “bulletproof down to $800? an ounce, thanks to extremely productive open-pit mines in Africa, where mining is more a matter of scraping ore out of the ground than sinking shafts deep into the earth.

Bristow dismisses the idea of buying his competitors’ assets. “If you mix cow s–t and ice cream, you never make the cow s–t taste any better,” he grunts in a thick South African accent."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.