useless american military .. from the GATEWAY .., page-5

1. 608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    Who would I prefer?

I don't think that we are going to see one single country in a role of 'world's policeman' anymore after the US is no longer one.
    I think we'll see a new balance of power, two blocks - enlarged BRICS vs collective West.

The US had its turn and they have failed miserably. Compare how the US went about policing the world and exerting its pressure vs China's approach. And at what cost.

See how many times since the end of WW2, the US have used the CIA and its military might to wreak havoc around the world, fight their wars and proxy wars for other nations. All at the cost to the American taxpayer while the fortunes were made by the military-industrial-congressional complex.

Millions of people have perished and what has the US accomplished? What is the standard of living of most Americans these days? And it's getting worse every year.

And what is today's state of affairs in countries where Americans had fought wars or intevened - Afghanistan, Iran, Lybia, Iraq and so forth. They have no stable functioning governments, people are very poor, still fighting etc. Weren't Americans supposed to bring democracy to them?

China has been going about gaining its influence in a different way.
    Not through wars and killing millions but through building whole cities with all infrastructure from scratch in Africa, for example.
    Of course, China isn't doing this for free, but they don't kill and don't install puppet governments in those countries. It's a win-win maybe not exactly but close.

Once the US dollar and American banking system is no longer the preferred choice for the entire world, and once the enlarged BRICS nations begin using their own currency and banking system, we'll see a sharper downfall of the USA, imo.

Also, the US won't be able to put sanctions on other nations through denial of credits in USD made available to those nations.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.