ATH 0.00% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

Using similar science, page-41

1. 5,878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    Let me stress it was just a guess. He probably thinks silence is best for shareholders without any PCH lift news to report. I would be interested to know where the work is being done. Are the contractors from the Florey, and a little more detail on the type of work they are doing?
    This is a bit off topic, and I have posted this before, but what else do we have to talk about. I would like to see them bring the brain cancer drug to the clinic. The FDA should tolerate a lot more risk there, but there is no need to repeat the mistake of a US trial. CQ trials in Canada for MM took dosage to twice daily 1600mg without any luck, citing lack of BBB penetration(low intracellular levels). The 3200 daily was where dose limiting toxicity was reached. I hope someone is thinking of bringing some more indications to the clinic.
    [Abstract
    Clioquinol is a small-molecule metal ionophore that inhibits the enzymatic activity of the proteasome and displays preclinical efficacy in hematologic malignancies in vitro and in vivo. Therefore, we conducted a phase I clinical trial of clioquinol in patients with refractory hematologic malignancies to assess its safety and determine its biological activity in this patient population. Patients with refractory hematologic malignancies were treated with increasing doses of oral clioquinol twice daily for 15 doses. Plasma and intracellular levels of clioquinol were measured. Enzymatic activity of the proteasome was measured before and after drug administration. Sixteen cycles of clioquinol were administered to 11 patients with 5 patients reenrolled at the next dose level as per the permitted intrapatient dose escalation. Dose-limiting neurotoxicity and abdominal pain were observed at a dose of 1600 mg twice daily. Intracellular drug levels were low. Minimal inhibition of the proteasome was observed. No clinical responses were observed. In patients with refractory hematologic malignancies, the maximal tolerated dose of clioquinol was determined. Minimal inhibition of the proteasome was observed at tolerable doses, likely due to low intracellular levels of the drug.]
    BBB penetration is one area PBT2 excels over CQ(PBT1)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 122248 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 25307592 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.