AXO 0.00% 73.0¢ aurox resources limited

utah port space

1. 1,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I assume that this is our port space, I hope they are paying us for it because we paid a significant amount of money upfront to finance the project!

Atlas secures extra port capacity at Utah Point

1st April 2009, 9:30 WST

Pilbara iron ore producer Atlas Iron has secured a doubling of its annual capacity at the proposed Utah Point port facility in Port Hedland.

The Port Hedland Port Authority has allocated the company an additional three million tonnes per annum capacity between May 2010 and February 2012, bringing its total annual capacity to six million tonnes.

The Utah Point port facility, which is under construction, is expected to be completed in April next year.

Atlas managing director David Flanagan said the extra port capacity along with a recent infrastructure deal with Talison Minerals would underpin mine development at its Greater Abydos project.

The company also has a memorandum of understanding with Fortescue Metals Group for hauling and handling an additional three million tonnes of ore from its tenements.

Atlas said it was working to make the agreement binding.

Atlas shares were up 1.5 cents, or 1.28 per cent, to $1.185 at 9am after returning from a trading halt.

STUART McKINNON

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.