AGL 2.20% $11.61 agl energy limited.

Utilities one of the only sectors with positive sales, page-184

1. 5,495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    I would assume the fall in profits bottoms in 2 years then slowly reverses; the other thread has a Bell Potter analysis and I posted a Morningstar link.

I think the bottom is in, but I will double down if it gets to 12s (I bought at low 14s). My feeling is they will morph faster than one thinks into a green(er) company - and generate good returns, slowing growing returns, long term

if the bottom is you get 6% dividend (unfranked currently) rising to something like 7% franked in three years, then stable or rising, then it is a good buy right now

I am very wary of the market right now... at some stage money will run out and capital/infrastructure investments will slow... at that stage a company with boots on the ground (installed infrastructure) and customers and cash will do well. I think AGL is better placed to 'morph' into what Aussie wants compared to some new player coming, disruptively, onto the scene. I am very positive they are embracing batteries and will build an LNG import terminal in Vic (I hope). It wont be long, but the mix of electricity generated by AGL will move quickly to what the world wants. As a business, I am sure AGL would move immediately if it was profitable. But AGL should not be conned by bleeding hearts that want us to to give them green energy for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE (or at a loss).

I think one buys AGL now thinking three years down the track (and getting 6% until that 3 year mark). That is what I did.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.61
Change
0.250(2.20%)
Mkt cap ! $7.810B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.46 $11.62 $11.41 $38.46M 3.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 8481 $11.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.61 23165 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.