Vaccination debacle continues

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    New medical advice has come out that all those up to age 60 should not receive the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

That moves from age 50 to age 60.

This change in advice is naturally raising doubts in the community about the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Now people over 60 who have not yet been vaccinated are questioning whether to take the Astra Zeneca
    or wait until Pfizer or other alternative with less side effects become available. Today on radio I heard
    a view being put that the govt ordered huge quantities of Astra Zeneca at a cheaper price than other vaccines
    and thats why they have been promoting the take-up of the Astra Zeneca. People in their 60's and above will now be
    wondering if Astra Zeneca is now not recommended for up to 60 year olds is it really any safer for anyone over 60.

50 to 60 year olds who accepted the Astra Zeneca jab in good faith based on previous advice can rightly be annoyed
    that the goal posts have shifted too late for them.

The vaccination rollout has been a debacle and continues to be a debacle imo.

Disclosure : I accepted the govts original advice on Astra Zeneca and have received my first jab. If I had not done so
    before this new advice I may have opted to wait until enough stocks of Pfizer or other better options.

"AstraZeneca COVID vaccine use recommended for over-60s only following ATAGI meeting"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-change-astrazeneca-age-rules-covid-vaccine/100222464

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.