Vaccination doubts

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    While I am pro vaccinations I do have some concerns about the current strategy.

I read today there has been another serious case of Astra Zeneca related blood clot issue in SA. A 53 year old man is in intensive care.

The article relating to this says that on the data such cases are minimal about one in one million jabs. Yes its a small number
    but why then has the Astra Zeneca been deemed in Australia to not be suitable for the under 50s. The under 50s have to wait till
    when the Pfizer becomes available but can opt to take the non recommended Astra Zeneca at their own risk.

Understandably this raises doubts in the community and could impact the take up rate.

Its a shame that the 50 and over age group have no choice but the Astra Zeneca. However, even on this issue there is uncertainty.
    Will if in the near future the many millions of Pfizer turn up will that policy change. There does not appear to be any real transparency
    on these issues. It seems the govt and their medical advisors have their lips zipped tight and we poor mugs are floundering.

"SA man in 'very serious' condition with blood clotting connected to AstraZeneca COVID–19 vaccine"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-20/sa-man-in-very-serious-condition-with-vaccine-blood-clotting/100153266

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.