denk12 - I thought I'd have a little check through HC today to...

1. 17,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    denk12 - I thought I'd have a little check through HC today to see what the frenetic fringe is thinking. Nearly giving up after reading a number of bordering on the insane commentary here, I find you. Thankyou.

Obama: I am glad he lifted sanctions on Iran, I was glad that he seemed to be withdrawing from the Saudi chums; the Ukraine stuff? provocation by the U.S. - the whole lot, but power politics; I was glad and also shocked about the assassination of Bin Laden - highly illegal, actually criminal, but possible for a powerful country like the U.S. and it has done the world some good, although ISIL is not defeated - yet . On the whole his presidency will go down as good, as for the foreign policy of the U.S. unfair and interventionist as usual, although O. hesitated; but he didn't have great choices and neither will Trump - we'll see.

I am convinced it is the large machinery of the security and secret service people and upper echelons of the military in the U.S. and industries which feed the war machine plus the FEDs which pull the strings of power in the U.S. and the world - a president will only be allowed to do so much and he can be prevented from doing anything at all. As to what Trump said about the bad state of the American Defence Forces, it is utter rubbish - they are the most powerful and well equipped military in the world, if he doesn't know that, he is rather naive, or else it is a preamble to spend more in that area.
    I am concerned at the moment about the massing of troops in Eastern Europe - just saw on the news Germany has also sent a contingent (as part of NATO) - wouldn't like to live in Poland, Lithuania etc. right now. Hopefully it is just 'theatre'.
    As a political observer I am rather looking forward to a Trump presidency to see what an empty-headed megalomaniac will be allowed to actually do by the puppeteers.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.