GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

GDN has been a total disaster for me. I'm staggered at my own...

1. 204 Posts.
    GDN has been a total disaster for me. I'm staggered at my own mind-boggling stupidity, not only for getting in on blind faith with this mob in the first place but for missing out on all the great ASX opportunities that I could have used the money for instead.
    And come to think of it, this company, more than any other I've ever bought into, always had a strange ungodly stench about it - every announcement is impenetrable, undecipherable garbage guaranteed to drive the SP down, sometimes after an initial pump - a recurring theme that has continued to this day!
    So, what to take out of this debacle? The first lesson would be to never invest in a company in the shallow end of the market which isn't making any money and doesn't have anyone of any renown in the Top 20 shareholders and which never gets any press, so the only way you can find out about it is on web forums. Come to think of it, this company fits none of the criteria for successful investing.
    Then there's management - the overriding theme of companies like this in my experience is that the directors couldn't care less about the plight of their shareholders - as far as they're concerned, they're like horses and you could just as easily have backed a winning one. They never take any responsibility for their own actions, and seem to genuinely believe that the market operates in a vacuum completely detached from their actions and decisions.
    On more than one occasion the directors of this company have said to me, "how should I know what the market's doing?"
    Anyway, blah blah, I suppose there are some positives to take out of such an experience as long as one doesn't repeat the same mistakes.
    BTW, does anybody on here genuinely believe this mob will come good, given their track record and current market sentiment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.