GCG 0.00% 7.9¢ greencap limited

I agree, the bid looks to be sub optimal for GCG shareholders....

1. 35 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I agree, the bid looks to be sub optimal for GCG shareholders. One would think that CDD has looked at GCG, but then again, CDD has always made acquisitions of privately held companies and never made bids for listed companies, it would be nice if CDD were to expand their modus operandi. Assume also that BureauVeritas would be aware of GCG as adviser Miles has helped sell several environmental companies to them. Surely there aren't too many synergies with WES and if WES can get their usual expected return on investment as a stand alone investment, GCG must be worth much more to CDD,COF, bureau veritas etc. Apart from that, what competitor would want a WES funded company to have to compete against? Was hoping that the WES bid was just the starting point, but the GCG board and the independent expert seem to make it clear there isn't any upside or any desire to achieve it. Over the last 18 months I've suggested to the board they implement a buyback, but this is obviously a foreign concept and a lot less exciting than looking at acquisitions. My stated sentiment is 'hold' but have been buying over the last 2 years, including after the bid was announced. It would be interesting to know how many shares the 'iceberg' bidder at 7.7c wants to purchase.
    Dallek1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GCG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.