AVR 0.00% $15.15 anteris technologies ltd

Hi Kogarahboy, Thanks for your valuation attempt and...

1. 40 Posts.
    Hi Kogarahboy,
    Thanks for your valuation attempt and contribution, always interesting to see what peoples views are on this subject. Although still a quite a sensitive topic as it really hinges on the assumptions and calculations one uses to derive crude valuations - in particular discount rates and P/E ratios. Although i do agree with the fact that alot more information is known now compared to 11 months ago.
    My question is what discount rate did you use (50% or 15% pa) - looks like you used 50% which seems way too high. If you look at the high yield bond market in the US, the highest yielding bonds are probably between 10-15%. If you add a further 500bps (5%) for a further risk premium - a more realistic discount rate would be ~20%.

"That is, $400 mil 2 years from now discounted back to today to get 10 cents per share valuation …. Or it could be a combination of lower p/e (say 17 or 18, but with a very much higher discount rate."

Here are the valuations i get for Cardiocel - using a simple PV calculation in excel
    The present value of $400m 2yrs from now = $0.22c (using 15% p.a Discount rate)
    The present value of $400m 3yrs from now = $0.19c (using 15% p.a Discount rate)
    The present value of $400m 3yrs from now = $0.17c (using 20% p.a Discount rate)
    The present value of $400m 2yrs from now = $0.13c (using 50% p.a Discount rate)
    (assumes cashflow/payment in each year is zero apart from the final $400m cashflow in yr 2 or 3)

So not sure how exactly sure how you got to 10c, perhaps you used a different calculation methodology - hence what i mentioned above how many can derive different valuations (higher and lower ) using the assumptions that make most sense to them given the nature of the business/ product cycle and information on hand.

Cheers all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.