CAT 2.83% $1.89 catapult group international ltd

Valuation Comparison, page-31

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60

Likely a lost client...only going to get more and more competitive between the two big players in the market now that StatSports have made significant upgrades to their staff numbers globally.

Can only take them on their word (and from what I have seen & heard from Joe Powell he seems an impressive operator) but in their last investor update he stated that Catapult win around 8/10 new contracts.  Given how they are currently running the business it would be out of character for  him to be inflating (or making up) this number just to improve sentiment etc....if it is around the mark then regardless of the odd loss to their main competitor CAT are well on the way to long term dominance in the elite wearables market.  

After a good Q1 (even the brokers on the conference call were complimentary!!) the company appears well undervalued....I am certainly no expert but my theory is two fold- 1- the company is paying for what has been a disappointing FY17 and first half of FY18, investors need to see more given they have been burnt.  Trust can disappear in an instant yet take a long time to earn back. 

2- macro issues in the global markets.  Other growth companies not yet profitable appear to be struggling also...given the uncertainty and negative commentary, investing in high risk growth stocks aren't high on peoples agenda.  The fact we've held around this $1 mark will hopefully form a strong base for when momentum begins to turn...

All IMO, please DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.89
Change
-0.055(2.83%)
Mkt cap ! $493.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.88 $1.93 $1.86 $528.4K 280.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5347 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.90 1526 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.