PPK 3.49% 41.5¢ ppk group limited

Valuation for PPK?, page-141

1. 3 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Have pondered the valuation question for a while. I agree with both arguments that the company has both good prospects but no current meaningful cashflow.

(for those who aren't aware - most seem to be - PPK is the hub company, with the others (LIS, soon to be WGL) being the spokes. PPK, as a previous mining-focused entity and perhaps other initiatives, has been around - and listed - since 1995. So I actually like the compartmentalisation and probably a good indicator of PPK's long term viability, or at least it's own 'stop-loss' facility (bad choice of words here) because they shouldn't have a high cash burn. LIS on the other hand, is committing to meaningful ongoing expenses, so the clock is ticking here).

Breaking down the last 12 months of share price movements:

Small spike to ~$6 11 Mar 2021.
    Run from ~$6 (25 Mar 2021) to $13/14 (end may 2021).
    Plateau End May 2021 - mid Aug 2021 (~$13/14).
    Rise 11 Aug 2021 - 14 Sep 2021 to ~$21
    Decline subsequent...

A 'valuation' (ignoring cash-flow) could be the following:
    Current valuation = Pre-hype (LIS) start price + LIS Value add + Other perceived value adds (e.g. WGL and other initiatives).

But what to use as the pre hype start price? One could use $5.50 (from around end of March 2021)
    And assuming PPK owns ~291 million LIS shares (= ~ $282M = ($282 M / 89.3M shares of PPK) = $3.15 of LIS value add to each share).
    + new opportunities? (incl WGL) lets call it 10% of the opportunity that LIS was (=31 c per PPK Share)

You end up with 5.50 + 3.15 + 31c = $ 8.96 per share of current value per PPK share. But this number is dropping every day. If LIS is a bust, you're back to % $ 5.81 really quickly. And as LIS is burning cash, it'll keep dropping.

I ending up buying a modest amount (and will top up small packets of PPK) as the price keeps falling. I have no illusions that these ventures may never make significant money, but saw PPK as a survivor, so maybe I'll lose 40% of my PPK $$$ over the next 3-4 years but saw this opportunity as one of the more promising ones (and Australian!). The very small amount I have in LIS is seen as 100% total risk.

The biggest threat I see to LIS's technical success is the effect of vibration (road vibration / air vibration) and hot/cold cycles on batteries long term survival. You need to do a bunch of testing (in Vibe machines) (are the BNNT layers in the battery susceptible to breaking via this vibration?), but if they can:
    1. prove that the battery 'fails safe' and/or
    2. can show only mild (or negligible) degradation with the application of transport vibration,
    they may just have something big. (and then it's gotta be cost effective rolleyes.png)

As usual, do your own research. Happy for the velociraptors to tear the above to shreds...wink.png

Last edited by Bilbo777: changed 24 to 12 months 28/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.