PAR 10.9% 24.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Valuation of PAR

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    Hi everyone - I thought I would provide a framework to valuing paradigm based on my experience in the field.
    I hope this provides people with some assistance regarding their projections and their "pirate share price" predictions.

Summary:

1. I would not use a comparative valuation methodology of other public market comparables. Paradigm is idiosyncratic and has its own timelines, own risk/reward etc.

Instead I would use a DCF and choose an appropriate discount rate that is a scenario-weighted probability of all the relevant outcomes. I would calculate the risk-adjusted NPV method that employs an increased discount rate that encompasses - the time value of money, the commercial risk and the risk of failure.

2. Set out in "forecasting for the pharmaceutical industry" by Arthur Cook (a lead authority on biotech valuations) I would then go through the following to calculate revenue and profit projections. Things to consider are:
    • no. of potential customers/patients
    • pricing
    • gross margins
    • revenue/ cash flow curve
    • partnerships
    • regulatory review
    3. Develop a probability tree of all the potential scenarios
    4. Discount back to the risk-adjusted NPV

My pirate day share price is very conservatively ~$4.25, my valuation a few years ago was $3, and we have come a long way since then. Given the huge steps we have made, there is a big margin of safety at current levels given we will be opening the indication soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.030(10.9%)
Mkt cap ! $85.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 27.5¢ 24.0¢ $429.9K 1.713M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 161991 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 29634 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.0¢
  Change
-0.030 ( 7.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
27.0¢ 27.0¢ 23.5¢ 433775
Last updated 15.57pm 03/05/2024 ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.