thanks super. useful input though i dont really see it as 2...

1. 9,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3480
    thanks super. useful input

though i dont really see it as 2 directions as i already made the point the deal is good for BCI long term

the issue at debate was what happens to the SP post deal - ie during the next 2-3 years - regardless of the long term merits.

Interesting about that Iron Valley projection - I havent seen that in any of the docs i was looking through. But still almost immaterial given capex and sustaining capex requirements for Bucklands - esp in a rising interest rate environment.

Since 2012 I;ve maintained an expectation the steel market would start to improve in 2015/16 - when I expect Europe to be sufficiently recovered to start buying more of China's optional steel tonnes.

Thats already happening - but need Chinese also to have good domestic demand for iron ore price to go back above $US100 i would think.

That will be the time when - as an onmarket investor - Ill be most interested in revisiting a merged BCI/IOH.

Though for same reason I would expect another bidder as a realistic possibility.

But lets see what the market tells us post a deal being concluded.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $648.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 22.0¢ $97.06K 437.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 51927 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 4724 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.