MFG 1.37% $9.63 magellan financial group limited

Valuation still looks convincing, page-111

1. 76 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I totally understand the mentality because I've had similar situations with stocks, but you have so much more opportunity and owe it to yourself to get out before this halves again.

Even in the case of MFG I first bought this at roughly $10 over five years ago, when I finally sold in the current down cycle the stock was about $29. At the time I thought it was a massive failure not to sell when even at the time I could see on the performance metrics that the company was clearly going to crumble by the time it was at $50-60 due to the gigantic underperformance. I kept dwelling on how late the move was, and that I KNEW I should have sold earlier.

I considered shorting the whole time too, I only managed to finally get my ass up and do it when the stock was at $20. At the time I thought this was a massive failure because it was so late and I'd been thinking about it since $50.

In both of these cases, it was overwhelmingly the right decision to do the right thing and sell even if it was very late. You can lie to yourself and pretend you're "wiped out" and there's nothing you can do, but there's a hell of a lot you can do, there's an OPTIMAL decision you can make and it isn't going down with the ship. You sell even now I guarantee you will feel glad you did when the stock hits $4-5.

I have a large amount of experience in crypto as well as stocks at this point and since 2017 I've had multiple 100 baggers, including one instance where I made 6 figures on a coin with an initial investment of $500.

There are leveraged ETFs for which if you can handle volatility offer you massive upside if you can stomach it.

You're so, so, so much better putting the money you have left in a high volatility asset whether its crypto or a leveraged tech index than going down with the ship in a dog company like this one.

Obviously I'm not recommending this in a general sense for everyone, don't put your money you're saving for a deposit in a leveraged tech index or a dog meme coin, but you can find risk/rewards that are incredible elsewhere especially when both tech and crypto are looking much better value than 6 months ago than going down with the ship and ending up with virtually nothing. I'd rather risk $500 for a 100x potential upside in Dogebonk than dwell in misery in MFG. Reallocate the money as a higher risk and long term hold portion of your portfolio and forget about the MFG mistakes.

Even if we are only talking about tens of thousands of dollars there is a world of opportunity better than pissing it away in MFG for another 6 months when higher risk sectors are looking more and more attractive on valuations.

Maybe you'd think this is all nonsense, but you know as well as I do the money would even be better off in a bog standard Vanguard ETF than here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.63
Change
0.130(1.37%)
Mkt cap ! $1.740B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.59 $9.64 $9.52 $2.614M 272.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2100 $9.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.63 7823 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.