MFG 2.63% $9.25 magellan financial group limited

You can make things up about retirements, foreign houses, your...

1. 76 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    You can make things up about retirements, foreign houses, your skill as a trader and what appears to be a holidays in Bali at a cheap hotel all you like.

At the end of the day, the share price doesn't lie.

If you're calling this a value buy and have done so for any serious length of time you've lost money on the stock.

No, you're not making money trading every dip and spike like a quant trader genius with a PhD, you're losing money on a stock you think is a buy while it has tanked consistently for over a year.

Intelligent investors don't buy managed fund stocks that are dumping 5% of FUM every month or two, that are getting railed in the media, that have industry high fees and that have underperformed in every fund for two and a half years, bottoming at underperformance of 18% YoY. This is for gamblers who can't even recognize a worthwhile good risk/reward.

If you're doing even semi-ok on your investments you won't have trouble admitting you're wrong on a stock and losing money on it. The constant goal post shifting from long term buy to "I 100x leverage sold across 10 candle sticks on the 1s chart and made my money back!" is an embarrassment. Just stop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.25
Change
-0.250(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $1.695B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.42 $9.43 $9.25 $6.960M 746.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 5976 $9.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.25 357 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.