MFG 3.42% $9.89 magellan financial group limited

Reminds me of the saying "He wounds with his shield"Having...

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 314
    Reminds me of the saying "He wounds with his shield"

Having averaged down myself I am curious how your strategy of averaging down AND selling into small rises differs from the vanilla strategy.
    It does, in that you have to be prepared to accept some realized losses as you sell into the small rises. This may suit some people and not others.This lowers average a bit faster than simple averaging down.
    However the realized losses have to be recouped on final sale to make an overall profit.
    Like simple averaging down, your strategy also requires taking on a bigger position over time to get the average cost down.

Where you have been very oblique is in not wanting to be explicit about the reaized losses you are incurring as you buy and sell, and whether you are including that in your repeated updates on the lowering average cost.
    Also you are vague on the increasing size of your position. Sometimes you say you are not increasing your position and then in the next breadth you are. Eventually a risk tolerance level will be reached.
    I am drawing other HC posters attention to this, to help them fully understand the strategy.

As for the numbers used in the calcs, most came from your posts. I get it now. We should not believe any values you post.

I wish you all the best with your strategy, and encourage you to chill out a bit. Its going to take a while to run its course. In the case of MFG I think you have a good chance of success. PTM not so much.

As for @noomxx thinking your startegy has something to do with securities pricing and valuatio. Well, yes, in the same way as grade school math does.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.