CHM 10.5% 2.1¢ chimeric therapeutics limited

There's a lot of market uncertainty and volatility courtesy...

1. 1,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    There's a lot of market uncertainty and volatility courtesy of global inflationary trends (US especially). The extent to which the market has priced in whatever the Fed does, and in the flight from risk, is pretty well indeterminable at the moment.

The concern is about liquidity and whether that is going to dry up if the Fed tightens money supply to put the brakes on its inflation. US inflation is running at a rate that may get away to far for the Fed to stop without triggering a recession as everyone starts stuffing money under mattresses.

For stocks such as CHM it translates into people pulling out cash for the mattress, or shifting to value stocks and those likely to benefit from inflation. CHM and their like have to consider the extent to which they'll be judicious with their cash spend, as borrowing or cap raises will be far less lucrative until confidence (and appetite for risk) returns.

Until we get a direction from the Fed, and to what extent the market thinks that was priced into the current value of the market and its constituent stocks, I don't think anyone can call a bottom tot a share price. We're starting to move into that irrational phase, and volatility is going to get silly. Until inflation is visibly under control courtesy of definitive action, and we understand the economic impact, any share value is speculation.

For the record, I really like the CHM portfolio and runway, so I'm holding through this. Hopefully the volatility doesn't extend too long necessitating cap raises at bargain prices because liquidity has evaporated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.002(10.5%)
Mkt cap ! $18.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $30.13K 1.439M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 623541 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 423206 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.