OXX 0.00% 0.6¢ octanex limited

G'day Barry,Don't hassle for news too quickly. Its a great time...

1. 365 Posts.
    G'day Barry,

Don't hassle for news too quickly. Its a great time to get set here as I reckon this one is flying under the radar a little.

From what I see...

Acoording to the Quarterly,

* Shell have stated that they intend to drill Palta-1 in WA 384-P in Q4 2012. They have booked the Noble Clyde Boudreaux rig for the drill.

* Santos have the Ensco 109 rig booked to drill in WA323-P permit in Q1 13. Knowing the energy game, hopefully H1 13. OXX have a 25% free-carry here.

From a BESBS (Buy Early Sell Before Spud) perspective, OXX has some factors that limit risk (as a BESBS) and offer significant potential leverege:

- Historically, the SP is near record lows (so should provide a relatively stable platform). The SP has been sitting between 12.5c - 14.5c for a while now.
    - Historically, drills have seen SP 100 -200% more than current levels so plenty of SP leverege
    - JV partners are reputable
    - rigs are booked
    - decent sized targets in a (by global standards) politically stable country
    - Unlikely OXX would have CR ar this low level. If it occurs, probably when SP rises further.
    - Shares seem to be tightly held. Has taken me a while to buy a decent sized parcel. When drilling occurs, this can sometimes help the SP to run if no recent CR.

If I have to wait 12 months then at least I'll get the 50% CGT discount and if it was based on a 100-200% return, I can live with that.

Guess we won't hear much on OXX until definite drilling news is confirmed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.