GRR 5.88% 36.0¢ grange resources limited.

Valuation

1. 1,812 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 239
    Afternoon GRR'ers.  I have put together a conservative valuation.  The conclusion of my analysis and valuation indicates:

- GRR is conservatively valued at = $0.516 (after a 2 cent dividend payment as of March 2017.

This is quite a high level view of what I believe the company should (emphasis on should) be valued come March 2017. Unfortunately, the market is imperfect and i believe we are still due for a re-rating.  It really doesn't make sense being at these levels HOWEVER, my thoughts are the market is still not comfortable with the (IMO) unstable Iron Ore price.  

Also IMO, management is not very good at PR (whether intentionally or not).  There does not seem to be any motivation for a higher Share price.  

Some important assumptions before i go into my figures:

- This does not take into account expenditure for the South Deposit Tailings Storage Facility.
    - Assumption of a 2 cent dividend (i am being optimistic with this and may not be actual however, i am hoping for this to be actual)
    - Any Lost time injuries which may occur.
    - Replacement of the Autogenous Mill Commencing in March 2017 (unknown what this will cost)
    - Obviously, IO would need to remain stable (as stable as possible) and be above my figures utilised below... Any upside in IO and this will continue to deliver for GRR.
    - Stable AUD/USD exchange (lower AUD would be nice!)

Production Estimates

Below are the production estimates per quarter used for the initial part of the valuation.  Obviously very difficult to estimate the pellets producd during the quarter but sales are generally consistent.  I would hope production is ramped up to help reduce Cash costs and obviously increase profits during this period of higher IO prices:
    Production Numbers.png

Profit Numbers

Here are the profit numbers based on Actual (March, June & Sept 16 quarters) and estimates (to Dec 2017 quarter).  It shows the actual profit made for March, June & Sept 16 quarters and provides estimates going forward. There are alot of assumptions in this calc regarding the IO prices and AUD rate.

Profit Numbers.png

Cash / (no debt) position!

Now for the best part about GRR... No debt!  I have assessed the estimated cash position based on the production numbers and estimated operational profits above.  I have assumed a reduction of 10% in Trade receivables each quarter (which i would like to see)  and added 10% to cash balance for this collection.  As you can see below, GRR is a cash printing machine.

I have also inserted a provision for a 2cent dividend payment.

Cash Position.png

Valuation

For valuation purposes, a PE of 5 has been used on total expected operational profit of $77mil (to March 2017) + expected cash position at March 2017.

vALUATION.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
0.020(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $416.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 36.3¢ 34.5¢ $669.1K 1.892M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26886 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 103628 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GRR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.