BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

too right J8. I'll never forget watching, with dismay, Alny's...

1. 2,326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    too right J8. I'll never forget watching, with dismay, Alny's shareprice continue to slide for a short while despite announcing breakthrough clinical results in 2012. After a few weeks it started to climb, and made its way, with a few ups and downs between announcements,  from ~$12 to past $100 where it currently sits.

we always said, other than good clinical results we didn't get in HCV, we'd need a deal to get the game going. Well we've got that now.

The timing is actually really good, as it won't be a hard sell to big bucket investors for Jerel, esp given the performance of Alny et al (RNAi side of the tech), in view of the impressive breakthroughs in the gene therapy field.  As little as 6 years ago both RNAi and Gene Therapy were considered unproven, with the latter covered in ??. Big pharma didn't want to know.

As for trial results, that's yet another inflexion point we can look forward to (after this inflexion actually becomes one soon..). The work at Royal Holloway from Prof Dickson over many years de-risks the OPMD considerably compared to Tacere HCV program, esp given the sensible 80/20 strategy of local application. The Tacere HCV really was an over-reach given it'd been passed around like an old Toyota, when it's complexity needed much more love and attention than that.

once this current inflexion actually becomes one and sp starts to head up, you'll hear my truck in reverse, going beep beep.
    Last edited by drafter: 11/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.