NIC 1.09% 91.0¢ nickel industries limited

Hi fellow holders. I've only just recently jumped on board after...

1. 852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313
    Hi fellow holders. I've only just recently jumped on board after stumbling on this stock with some research.

From what I've been reading on here there seems to be a bit of confusion with the potential this company has to enter the EV battery supply chain. Yes at the moment the company is a NPI producer however like some have said on here we have been stock piling limonite ore from the Hengjaya mine, looks like from late 2018. The HPAL plant being constructed nearby in the Morowali Industrial Park (‘IMIP’) will use limonite ore to to produce both nickel sulphate and nickel hydroxides and cobalt equivalents. The Hengjaya mine has a JORC compliant resource of 180 million dry tonnes at 1.3% Ni and 0.08% Co, containing 2.3 million tonnes of contained nickel and 1.3 million tonnes of contained cobalt and is considered one of the largest tonnage, high grade operations in close proximity to the IMIP.

Now all this information was announced by the company in Dec 2018 when they announced an MOU titled, "MOU TO SUPPLY LIMONITE ORE TO NEW HPAL PLANT".

Some key points of this announcement I found were the following;

"The opportunity to supply limonite ore to the new HPAL plant will enable the Company to optimise and
    extract further significant value from its resource. Where mining to date has seen the orebody’s
    limonite layer removed as overburden to reach the higher grade saprolite ore, the ability to now
    monetise this lower grade limonite material (comprising both nickel and cobalt) will materially improve
    the efficiency of HM Mines’ operations, lower mining costs and improve profitability"

and

"In addition to the supply of limonite ore, the MOU also contemplates the potential for Nickel Mines’
    future equity participation in the HPAL plant, offering the Company significant diversity into the rapidly
    growing nickel sulphate and hydroxide markets".

So our foot is already in the door of the EV battery supply chain and it looks as though the company not only want to supply the limonite ore (both containing nickel and cobalt) but want to have a stake in the HPAL plant which is very exciting.

The future looks bright, I just wish I knew about this company earlier.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NIC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.