.@ Saintex TUVM. To my knowledge it takes many years (around a...

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    .@ Saintex TUVM. To my knowledge it takes many years (around a decade nowadays ) to get a new nuclear plant approved and built in developed countries and the bill is v v high. Delays are very common.
    But If i recall well in Europe, especially in Germany they have moved away from nuclear so a reversal is highly unlikely. Germany already closed 8 of its plants and the last 9 will close by end 2022 ! To be precise 3 have already closed, 3 will close by Dec this year and the last 3 by Dec 2022. In the UK nuclear generates 17% of electricity (gas 38%) but half of the plants will close within the next few years .A new plant Hinkley Point C is being built at a staggering cost of $ 22B., slated to open in ..2026, .the first in decades. France is the outlier with nuclear generating 70% of electricity but with a slowly declining production . It closed one plant last year and 14 reactors will close in the coming years..France and Germany have even been forced to reopen some coal powered plants !
    Indonesian coal supply cant help much right now following heavy rains that dampened production, some mines declaring force majeure and output falling by 10%-40% in other mines.
    In the meantime in India..data on Sept. 27 showed that 101 coal-fired plants have stockpiles worth less than eight days of coal burn (down 75%), with as many as 89 plants left with four or lesser days of coal burn. India waited for too long to start restocking, thinking that prices would soon correct. They now find themselves blindsided by both high prices and lack of supply.
    I believe high coal prices will last at least till spring. How high is impossible to predict. But i can sit back and wait for the bumper profits of NHC.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.