@Crackity: May i ask since when are you a shareholder in SWK?...

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    @Crackity: May i ask since when are you a shareholder in SWK? The top 20 hold 72%. Kent Swick the MD has 11% only. I saw a post that another fund linked to the family would have sold some shares. is this true ? which one ? I checked the top 4 and could not see any link to the Swicks.I believe the SWICK family would not be keen to a TO, so i am trying to get an idea of their overall shareholding.
    I am preparing a summary to send to a partner in a PE (usually US$1 billion/ fund) i know though my family.. We ll see.
    BTW i read all annual reports since 2017 + 2013 to get an idea of the company's history.
    Clearly Orexplore has been sucking the underground drilling profits to some extent for quite a few years. But it is such a revolutionary technology i am not really surprised. Imagine having for instance 4 core samples scanned and analysed on site within 1 hour instead of waiting for results for weeks from a lab, Large shareholders seem to have lost patience and pressured the founding family to demerge Orexplore ( but SWK shareholders will be the owners OXT, so upside is intact) . The on site tests seem to have been successful but the customers seem to have been asking for more and more, basically in my view to match 100% all they can get from labs if not more. OXT R&D teams are still working on a gold spectrometer, a world's first.
    What we'll have v soon is a pure play world leader in underground core drilling, with multiyear large contracts with Tier 1 customers while ramping up wins with its new Deep X rigs and finally also starting to sell its own rigs ( turning the Engineering department from cost centre into profit centre).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.