MSB 2.29% $1.07 mesoblast limited

To paraphrase "The Kinks", I'm a reader not a writer, however,...

1. 118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    To paraphrase "The Kinks", I'm a reader not a writer, however, felt that the parallels between our journey with MSB & AGVHD and the following article were to good not to share .

This article can be found on the CNBC site , with all the conjecture on our product pricing / market size etc I felt it worth sharing some of the highlights from the article.

The parallels with MSB & AGVHD are significant . I recognise this is gene therapy not stem cells, however, it certainly emphasises just how much the insurance companies are prepared to pay to reduce long term costs - very relevant to MSB).

• "The Food and Drug Administration approved Pfizer’s treatment for a rare genetic bleeding disorder, making it the company’s first gene therapy to win clearance in the U.S."

• "Pfizer said the treatment will be available by prescription to eligible patients this quarter and has a hefty$3.5 million price tag before insurance and other rebates."

• "More than 7,000 people in the U.S. are living with the debilitating condition"

• "a one-time treatment"

• “has the potential to be transformative for appropriate patients by reducing both the medical and treatment burden over the long term”

The following quote from the article is what convinced me to share, as it summarises precisely what we LTH's have believed for so long!

• "Pfizer is one of several companies to invest in the rapidly growing field of gene andcell therapies — one-time, high-cost treatments that target a patient’s genetic source or cell to cure or significantly alter the course of a disease. Some health experts expect these therapies to replace traditional lifelong treatments that people take to manage chronic diseases."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.025(2.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.216B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.13 $1.05 $8.152M 7.517M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 69963 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 73154 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.07
  Change
-0.025 ( 2.84 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.09 $1.13 $1.05 1873215
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.