MGX 1.59% 31.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

value creation at Koolan, page-16

1. 643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Some good points above.

Is anyone concerned about the ramp up by the Chinese in Africa having an impact on price in the mid term?

https://www.lowyinstitute dot org/the-interpreter/china-eyes-african-prospects-iron-out-trade-tension-australia

More recently, China has made some promising high-profile investments in West and Central African countries with vast and high-quality iron ore reserves, including Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea. Last month, the Guinean government approved an agreement for a China-backed consortium to move forward with the development of Simandou, the world’s largest known untapped iron ore deposit located in the remote, mountainous southeast part of the country. Legal disputes and complex logistics have obstructed development of the mine for two decades, but the growth of iron ore prices over the past years has led to renewed interest from multinational firms. According to some sources, in order to render the mine operational and build the requisite infrastructure to export the iron ore, China may have to pay up to $20 billion over the next five years. Given that even just half of this mine’s deposits is thought to potentially provide 10–15% of Beijing’s annual iron-ore imports, in these tenuous times China appears ready to make that investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $377.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 32.0¢ 30.5¢ $471.2K 1.510M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 206604 31.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.5¢ 79365 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.